GRAFFITItek - Sustainable Graffiti Remover
GRAFFITItek is an industrial graffiti remover formulated with environmentally preferable ingredients, has low VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds), no NPE's, methylene chloride, butyl and all ingredients are biodegradable. The technology will work quickly and effectively to remove spray paints, markers, and ink from both exterior and interior surfaces, making it ideal for use on cement, brick, ceramic walls, metal bridges / infrastructure, bus shelters and other non-porous surfaces.
GRAFFITItek performance is optimized when used in conjunction with SIGMAtek and NanoCoat nano and micro-scale coating materials and is quantifiably proven to be compatible with all MFStek protective layers. The product was tested according to the New York City Transit graffiti specification as per the below.
. : Test Materials, Protocol & Results Overview
- 11" x 11" samples of municipal bus interiors and exteriors were treated with SIGMAtek Non-Absorbent, including:
- Interior Panel Walls (x4 including gel-coat)
- Exterior Panel Walls (x4 including gel-coat)
- Bus Windows
- Bus Seat Back Plate (metal)
- Advertising Panel
- Note: all samples were half treated, half untreated for comparative purposes.
- Graffiti was applied to treated surfaces using NYCT specified markers:
- Sharpie Fine Point (SFPB)
- Super Sharpie Blue (SSB)
- Paper Mate W10 Permanent Red Marker (PMW10)
- Paper Mate W10 Permanent Blue Marker (PMW10BL)
- Sharpie Permanent Chisel Tip-Blue (SPCT-BL)
- Sharpie Permanent Chisel Tip-Red (SPCT-R)
- Sanford Magnum 44 (SP44)
- Panels were inspected and evaluated according to the below NYCT specification:
- 'The panel should be visually inspected for any defects. Surface to be tested should have no visible defects'.
- 'Measure the gloss for flat glossy surfaces'.
- 'Panel should be divided into two or more sections of similar sizes; one section will not be written for reference. Write on the other sections using a different marker (from the ones specified above) for each. Write a combination of letters and/or numbers that will help identify marker used: for example, write SSB for Super Sharpie Blue'.
- 'Take photographs of the graffiti of each section'.
- 'Wait for 24 hours before cleaning/removing graffiti'.
- 'Perform graffiti cleaning/removing using the products and application methods identified in the NYCT specification (Section A2-2)'.
- Estimate percentage of graffiti removal using the products and application methods identified'.
- Final Results indicated:
- All substrates were 100% cleaned in under one minute (compared to 10 minute specified allotment) with 0% ghosting and 100% gloss retention (calculated at 60°) on all specified markers, resulting in a passing grade based on the New York City Transit (NYCT) anti-graffiti protocol.
. : GRAFFITItek Physical Data
- Physical state and appearance: Liquid (Clear)
- pH (1% solution in water): 5.0 - 7.0
- Boiling Point: Lowest known value is 100°C (212°F) (Water)
- Specific Gravity: 1.02 - 1.04 (Water = 1)
- Solubility: Soluble in water
- Colour: Colorless
- Odour: Characteristic
- Volatility: 89% (v/v)
- Vapor Density: Not applicable
- Vapor Pressure: Not applicable